This is the perfect brunch cake, in my opinion. Not too sweet, but hits the spot. The key to this recipe is the olive oil. Use good olive oil, like Brightland.
- Start by making a rosemary-infused olive oil. Heat the olive oil and rosemary in a saucepan over medium heat. Let sit for 15+ minutes, then discard the rosemary and allow the olive oil to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with olive oil.
- Mix together the almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients including the rosemary-infused olive oil.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined. Pour the batter into the cake pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey, with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and lemon juice. Spread the glaze evenly over the cake, top with a sprinkle of Maldon sea salt and a sprig of rosemary for garnish.