Yield: 2-4 Servings
If you’re not toasting whole coriander seeds, now is the time to start. This salad is refreshing, dynamic and packs a punch. Serve with a mezze platter, or with grilled fish or meat and brown rice. I call this one hot and cold because it uses both warming and cooling spices; the chili brings the heat and coriander has a cooling effect.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan to a medium-low and lightly toast the pumpkin, coriander and mustard seeds. Keep an eye on the seeds, shaking the pan occasionally until the seeds start to pop and become fragrant.
- While the seeds are toasting, cut the cucumbers. Cut off the ends, then cut the cucumbers lengthwise, and then at a diagonal in 1 inch segments.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl with the sea salt and chilli flakes.
- Next, add the parsley leaves, followed by the rice wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Add the toasted seeds to the bowl, toss to coat and serve.