Yield: 16-18 Cookies
A classic cookie slightly reimagined. This recipe swaps AP flour for a GF flour blend and uses low-glycemic coconut sugar in place of white sugar (and less of it), but still retains a star ingredient: real butter. I love using butter because it’s a really stable cooking fat (and it’s delicious). When you can, use a high quality grass fed better for flavor and the nutrient benefits.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream together the butter and ½ cup of coconut sugar in a stand mixer. Next, add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until fully combined.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, cream of tatar and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until fully combined. Next, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar and ground cinnamon to a shallow bowl.
- Create one-inch balls of snickerdoodle dough, roll in cinnamon and coconut sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Continue until all of the dough is used, then use a cup to flatten cookies into disks.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and enjoy!