Frittata’s are an all time fav of mine. Breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner, they’re perfect for meal prep or entertaining a crowd. Feel free to mix up the vegetables here, or serve alongside a salad or with your favorite toast (paleo, sourdough, gluten free, whatever you fancy).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a cast iron skillet. You can use a frying pan as long as it does not have a wooden or plastic handle.
- Add the garlic. Sauté over a low heat until soft, then add the kale, lemon juice and a pinch of salt, and sauté until wilted, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the skillet and reserve in a bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and coconut oil, along with a generous pinch of salt until fully combined and frothy. Heat the remaining ghee in the same skillet as the garlic and kale, and add the egg mixture. Allow to cook on a medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, then add the garlic-kale mixture evenly over eggs.
- Cook over a medium heat until the edges of the frittata start to pull away from the pan, about 5 minutes, then transfer your frittata to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are complete set. Season with fresh cracked pepper and serve.